- bean tree
- nounany of several trees having seedpods as fruits• Hypernyms: ↑tree• Hyponyms:↑tonka bean, ↑tonka bean tree, ↑Coumarouna odorata, ↑Dipteryx odorata, ↑carob, ↑carob tree, ↑carob bean tree, ↑algarroba, ↑Ceratonia siliqua, ↑tamarind, ↑tamarind tree, ↑tamarindo, ↑Tamarindus indica, ↑Moreton Bay chestnut, ↑Australian chestnut, ↑catalpa, ↑Indian bean
* * *noun: any of several trees having fruits that are held to resemble a bean pod: asa. : an Australian leguminous tree (Castanospermum australe) with bright yellow flowers, large pods containing three or four seeds like chestnuts, and dark strong wood — called also Moreton Bay chestnutb. : catalpa 2
* * *1. any of several trees bearing pods resembling those of a bean, as the catalpa and the carob tree.2. the laburnum, Laburnum anagyroides.[1610-20]
* * *bean tree nounA name given to several trees, as Moreton Bay chestnut, carob tree, and catalpa• • •Main Entry: ↑bean
* * *bean tree,any one of various trees having beanlike pods, such as the carob or catalpa.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.